Where can we find beautiful bags in Vietnam?
Ho Chi Minh City is known for its vibrant fashion scene, and you can find a wide variety of stylish and unique bags in the city. Some popular places to look for beautiful bags include:
- Ben Thanh Market: The largest market in Ho Chi Minh City, you can find a huge selection of bags at great prices.It is a bustling and lively place attracting both tourists and locals alike. There are over 6,000 stalls in the market, selling an array of goods from clothes, shoes, and souvenirs to fresh fruit and vegetables, flowers and seafood.
- Takashimaya: A wonderful shopping complex in Ho Chi Minh City, located in District 1. It comprises 8 floors of retail space and is known for its wide selection of high-end shopping experiences across the categories of fashion, beauty, footwear, accessories, home goods, and jewelry. It is a great place to find unique and stylish goods you won’t find elsewhere.
- Vincom Center: A high-end shopping mall located in District 1. It comprises several floors of retail space, and is home to many high-end international brands including Louis Vuitton, Gucci, Saint Laurent, and Balenciaga. In addition to luxury fashion, Vincom Center also offers a variety of other shopping experiences such as cosmetics, home interiors, and electronics. It’s a great place to find unique and stylish goods, but it’s not a cheap place. Just make sure to bring your wallet with you!
- Saigon Square: A bit similar atmosphere to Ben Thanh Market. If you want to buy fake branded clothes, this is the place. The location is across Nam Kỳ Khởi Nghĩa street from Takashimaya. Hundreds of shops are crowded together on the floor, ranging from cheap ones to high-quality goods made in Thailand. They mainly sell clothes and shoes, and the price ranges from 5usd to 1000usd. If you buy more than one, you can negotiate. There is also a place for young people to hang out, and in the vicinity of the entrance on the 1st floor, popular items such as smartphone covers and wallets, as well as pirated DVDs used to be sold. Be careful with pickpockets. Do not put your wallet in the back pocket of your trousers.
- Some local brand shops in streets: local brand shops are scattered on many famous streets in Dstrict 1, HCMC such as Hai Bà Trưng or Nguyễn Trãi. There, you can find some unique brand clothes and bags originated in Vietnam.
We went to Ben Thanh market
This time, we went looking for a bag that would match our kimono made with African fabric.
We found some Vietnamese traditional crafts, so we will introduce them.
Rattan is a plant of the palm family that grows naturally in the jungles of tropical rainforests, mainly in Southeast Asia. It is a climbing plant that is covered by a knotty, spiny epidermis. Its fibers are said to be the longest and strongest among the plants, some of which are over 200 meters in length, entwined with other trees and stretching toward the sky. It takes about 5 years to grow to a size suitable for processing.
Rattan is a durable, weather-proof and aesthetically pleasing material used in furniture making, basketry, and other crafts. It is obtained from a family of climbing palm trees, and it is usually harvested straight from the tree and left to dry for a while before it is crafted into various items.
Rattan is known for its strength and resistance to bugs, humidity and water, which makes it ideal for outdoor furniture or any other application that requires such characteristics. Rattan ranges in color, but it is often yellow or light brown in color.
The left one is a combination of 2 traditional Vietnamese works: rattan and Bát Tràng pottery.
* Bát Tràng is a small village located in the northern outskirts of Hanoi, Vietnam. It is famous for its traditional pottery made from fired clay. The pottery is handmade, with the process taking several days to weeks depending on the piece.
Water Hyacinth bags
Water hyacinth bags are bags made from the fiber of the water hyacinth plant. The plant grows on slow-flowing water, such as lakes, ponds, and rivers, and it is known for its ability to absorb water and purifying it. Water hyacinth is also known for its strength and durability, which make it an ideal material for bag-making.
Water hyacinth bags are usually handmade and come in different designs and patterns. They are eco-friendly, durable, and have a unique aesthetic appeal.
The characteristic of the water hyacinth bag introduced here is that it is dyed in beautiful colors. Because it is dyed in a special way, it has good color development and is hard to fade. If you take these items with you when you go out with a kimono made from African cloth, you will definitely feel happy.
Other Bags (mixture of some above techniques)
Some bags are mixture of above techniques.
They are also very beautiful and in modern style.
Did you find your favorite one?
Please also look forward to our new product line for bags.